Orphan Aid- Iraq
Orphan Education in Iraq
There is a huge number of orphan children in Iraq. We are all aware of the wars, material shortages and other factors which have contributed to this situation over the last few decades.
WAI has been providing support for basic living necessities for 100 orphans in Iraq, and we will be continuing this support.
Going forward, we are shifting our focus to educational sponsorships for needy orphans.
IMAMAIN AL JAWADAIN SCHOOL
- This school is run by our partner organisation in Iraq, Al-Taawin Charity Association. It has been running for several years and is a successful private school. Orphans are sponsored to attend this school.
- Orphans are educated in an environment with non-orphan children who pay to attend the school. 20% of students are orphans.
- The orphans receive a high-quality academic education, in addition to being in an Islamic environment.
- In addition to the full-time schooling, our sponsorships also cover after-school care, where the orphans receive small-group help with homework and a second meal before heading home to their mothers for the evening.
- We have seen orphans make great progress in their education, as well as their psychological health and behaviour with this setup, and we hope to be able to sponsor more orphans within this system.
YOU CAN HELP!
Your fully tax-deductible donations will help fund these sponsorships.
- $200 per month per orphan for a full educational and after-school care sponsorship
- Our partner organisation for this project has permission to receive khums payments. Please contact us for further details in relation to khums payments on email@example.com
We realise the importance of transparency and appreciate the assurance that donors desire to have before donating, this is a natural need in this modern age. We provide receipts, pictures and with cooperation from Aytam al-Iraq are prepared to provide you with as much information as possible.
If you would like further information about a specific orphan that you can pledge to sponsor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our last trip to Iraq