Yemen Welfare Appeal
WELFARE AID INTERNATIONAL 2nd Yemen Appeal- NEW TARGET $400,000
Yemen currently has the greatest level of humanitarian needs in the world.
- 20 million people are in desperate need of assistance
- 10 million are in need of assistance just to stay alive
- Already there have been over 4500 deaths and 3 million people are displaced
- 2 million children have no access to school
- There has been an outbreak of an aggressive strain of Cholera with more than 800,000 suspected cases, with children particularly vulnerable. 4000 new cases of cholera reported daily. 50% of cases are children and 25% are under 5s
How will your donation reach Yemen?
WAI will send funds to World without Barriers (WWB) a registered charity in the United Kingdom. WWB have a team of volunteers in Yemen who will receive funds from WWB via secure and reliable channels, and purchase supplies locally which they distribute to the people in most desperate need in Yemen.
What about the blockade?
While there is a blockade enforced on Yemen, there are still supplies within the country which can be purchased by volunteers and distributed to those most in need. While this is a limited relief effort, it is still effective and will save people’s lives.
What will the funds be used for?
Urgent food and water supplies
Urgent medical needs
A small portion of funds will be used to support a school in Yemen, to allow children continuing access to education.
Who is WAI?
WAI is a fully compliant, DGR eligible Australian charity. Your donations are tax deductible and we are a transparent charity meeting the ACNCs compliance requirements and reporting regularly to our donors. Donations to this project will be sent to WWB, a UK charity which is also fully compliant and registered in the UK.
Acc Name. Welfare Aid International
Acc No. 10887656
Please use the Reference: P72Y
For Updates refer to the links below